In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented General Ledger Accountant to join our accounting team. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. This position will be responsible for ensuring general ledger accuracy for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing. This position will also be required to ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
Candidate must be able to analyze and interpret financial information.
Position will be required to perform reconciliations for consolidation/inter-company transactions and ensure compliance with internal policies. Position will also be responsible for identifying project assets and working with the General Ledger Accounting Manager on other various requests.
The candidate will need to have experience preparing and approving journal entries in addition to performing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations. Position is in a fast-paced environment, where accuracy and organizational skills are necessary. Candidate must work well in a team-oriented environment.
· Position will require a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum of 1+ years of direct applicable accounting experience.
· Self-starter with ability to take direction and work to complete tasking with limited guidance and on scheduled timelines.
· Attention to detail, critical thinking, and solid organizational skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Must be able to perform journal entries
· Experience with indirect cost pools preferred
· Month/year end closing experience is required
· Position will require candidate to demonstrate capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically excel and word) and use of a financial management software system.
· Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.