Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Project Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will act as a project engineer in Huntsville, Alabama, for the human spaceflight system integration. You will be actively involved in all aspects of customer interactions and the project technical efforts. You will be focused on serving multiple customers who are providing hardware for current and future programs for NASA. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Possess a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET accredited university with 2-5+ years’ experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, multifaceted work environment.
- Have experience with low and/or medium fidelity mockups of human rated spacecraft
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, NX, or similar
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office software tools.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Preference will be shown to candidates who possess a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET accredited university
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle.
- Experience working with displays and controls
- Experience working with U.S. Government space agencies (e.g. NASA, AFRL, DARPA).
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.