Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineer in the field of Additive Manufacturing to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
A successful candidate would be capable of engaging in multidisciplinary problem-solving activities as a part of a diverse team in a fast-paced rapid-prototyping environment. Additionally, a successful candidate would be comfortable working with a diverse set of stakeholders to deliver additively manufactured end products. The individual who fills this role will be heavily involved in establishing a new capability within the company.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing process development work for new alloys, coordinating machine selection and installation, participating in the design process for various applications, and interfacing with end users to build and deliver additively manufactured products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3 years working hands-on with metal and/or ceramic additive manufacturing systems and direct experience with powder-bed (SLM or SLS) systems is required.
- Must be mechanically inclined/comfortable assembling and troubleshooting equipment.
- Must be comfortable around and capable of operating safely in the presence of hazardous materials, high voltage, high powered lasers, etc.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines, and the pressure of handling multiple projects and assignments.
- Must be willing to take ownership, enjoy taking on new challenges, have the ability to overcome technical barriers, and be self-motivated.
- Must have a working knowledge of unique design and quality considerations associated with additively manufactured components.
- Must have a working knowledge of metallurgical processes (heat treatment, metallography, mechanical testing, etc.).
- Must have direct experience working with machine shops to manufacture parts.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Strong work ethic and be a positive team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment or independently
Preference will be shown to candidates with the following desired additional qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field with 5+ years hands on experience
- Experimental thesis work on metal and/or ceramic additive manufacturing
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing systems starting with system install through new part/process design and end product delivery
- Technical leadership experience on development projects
- Experience participating in the generation of technical documents, proposals or report writing
- Experience working with and developing processes for safe handling of hazardous materials
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.