In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Entry Level Simulation Aerospace Engineer to join a diverse team responsible for creating unique solutions for complex flight vehicle engineering challenges. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
As an entry level engineer, the candidate is required to have a basic understanding of flight dynamics, 6-DOF simulations, statistics, and computer programming. The candidate should have an interest in machine learning techniques to include supervised and unsupervised learning.
The successful applicant will work closely with a highly technical team of multi-disciplinary engineers, computer scientists, and statisticians to design simulations that accurately represent a current system or a system that is under development. The engineer will also be required to create or improve existing tools that post processes simulation results into an easily digestible product. Results from the simulation will be used to inform design decisions, evaluate system performance, and/or update the customer on current design progress. Post processing and simulation will be done primarily in Python and MATLAB.
The engineer will support multiple simultaneous projects and will be expected to independently and collaboratively find creative solutions to open-ended problems. The candidate will work closely with the project and program managers to ensure that timelines and goals are met.
· Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited school with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· Must possess basic programming skills.
· Must have a fundamental understanding of flight dynamics, simulation, multi-variable problem-solving, and statistics.
· Must possess solid technical communication skills and an ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
· Must have interest in machine learning and automated predictive analysis.
· Must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate in order to work on-site at the Huntsville, AL office.
Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineer is preferred, but not required. Experience with MATLAB, C++, Python, and/or PyTorch is a plus. Prior knowledge of machine learning techniques, high-dimensional problem solving, or big data analytics is also a plus.