Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Technical Writer/Editor to join us and help create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the Unites States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions. The Technical Writer/Editor will become a part of our Charlottesville, Virginia, team focused primarily on Modeling and Simulation efforts. This position will be responsible for bringing all of the team’s professional documentation to the next level. This includes the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, software user's manuals, system descriptions, and testing reports.
Job responsibilities / focus areas include:
- Development of software manuals that document how to use a model, the construction of the model, and the test results of the model.
- Ensure documents are in the correct format, are grammatically correct, contain proper punctuation, capitalization, correct spelling, are internally consistent, and contain proper references, footnoting, and pagination.
- Formalizing the documentation presentation of data in technical writings generated by engineers and scientists such as types of reports and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited university is preferred but equivalent experience may be substituted
- 5(+) years of technical writing experience
- Must have the ability to consult with authors regarding document content, readability, consistency, and validate sources referenced within the document.
- Must have the ability to interact with the technical team members and customers to draft, expand, and update technical documentation, concepts, or solutions into comprehensive, compliant documentation.
Candidate must be a resident of Charlottesville, VA or be willing to relocate to the Charlottesville, VA area.
- Preferred knowledge of or previous experience with environments that include: hardware and software design and development, software integration, test reports, and system testing / evaluation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and LaTeX are preferred
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.