Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Laser Operator to join a diverse team to create unique solutions to complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields. DTS provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The position will be responsible for maintaining and operating a Trumpf CNC Laser cutting machine.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the CNC laser cutting machine and other machinery used in the sheet metal department in accordance with prints and specifications.
- Select and set up machine based on material type and thickness, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Monitor fill level of bulk tank system and report reordering levels to the supervisor.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Perform inspections of in-process work and completed work pieces to identify defects and assure good cut quality.
Keeps material neatly and safely stacked and organized. Perform cycle counts as requested.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Perform machine maintenance activities including cleaning slats, empty slag bins, and cleaning filters.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Lift raw materials manually or using overhead crane and forklift.
- Operate machinery used in the production process or assist machine operators.
Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Minimum 5-year Sheet Metal Fabrication experience in using laser equipment.
- Ability to perform basic metal fabrication processes – cutting, forming and punching.
- Ability to properly use measure equipment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
- Candidate must be self-directed and able to work in a high-stress, fast paced environment to meet customer and management deadlines.
- Candidate must have experience with interviewing, assessing, and hiring new personnel.
- 2+ years of experience on Trumpf, or similar CNC laser cutting machines.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- This position requires possible overtime from time to time.
- Candidate must be a strong team player.
- Candidate must be reliable.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.