Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Senior Thermal Design Engineer for the Space Division’s Propulsion and Fluid Systems Department. The candidate will join a diverse team primarily focused on analysis, modeling, and simulation of thermal and fluid systems, particularly related to space flight systems and hardware, but not limited to this area. The candidate will also demonstrate experience in and/or enthusiasm toward developing a broader technical capability to support overlapping engineering and scientific disciplines. The candidate will be required to support multiple tasks in parallel, productively contribute in team environments, and communicate effectively to management, employees, coworkers, and customers.
Candidate may work closely with a team of engineers to arrive at solutions in a variety of disciplines including thermal and fluid system analysis and design, propulsion systems, thermal control systems, data analysis, testing, and research. The selected individual may also serve as a lead thermal engineer, performing detailed thermal and fluid analysis during the completion of detailed design and testing of various aerospace systems. The individual will interface with project managers and engineers, other subsystem lead analysts/engineers, mechanical designers, component engineers, test engineers, safety, reliability, other vehicle subsystem engineers, and ground system engineering teams.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering physics, mathematics, physics, or an equivalent engineering or scientific degree with demonstrated thermal and fluid system engineering experience
- At least 5 years of technical experience in the field of thermal and fluid system engineering and analysis – direct space-flight experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with defense, civil, and/or commercial space engineering practices and processes, including the product development cycle through qualification and production
- Experience with thermal, fluid, and mechanical systems engineering and analysis required
- Understanding of propulsion systems, and thermal protection and control systems. Direct experience with space and missile, thermal and fluid system design and analysis, is preferred
- Candidates must have demonstrated an ability to deliver results in a team environment and independently. The ideal candidate has strong organization and communication (verbal and written) skills and is self-motivated
- Must also have experience with one or more thermal/fluid/mechanical system design and analysis tools; in-depth experience with Thermal Desktop is preferred
- Candidates with advanced degrees in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or an equivalent engineering or scientific degree are preferred
- Experience with finite element modeling (FEM) analysis of components and/or subsystems for aerospace applications or similar is preferred
- Experience with aerospace component and/or subsystem testing, including an understanding of data systems, instrumentation, and test data analysis is a plus
- Relocation to North Alabama – Huntsville area is desired. However, remote work and telework (full or partial) can be accommodated on a case by case basis, relative to the role and program
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.