Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Strategic Buyer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will be responsible for administering a wide variety and value of procurement contracts within a predominant DOD environment. Duties include but are not limited to: daily interaction with vendors/suppliers, issuing request for proposals, evaluating proposals responses, negotiation of prices, terms/conditions and annual vendor price contracts, placing orders, documenting procurement packages in accordance with a government-approved purchasing system and interacting with other departments (Engineering, Contracts, Quality and Accounting) during the different phases of the purchase order contract.
- Candidate must possess a BS Degree in Business Administration, or related field, and minimum 2 years relevant experience in a DOD government contracting/procurement environment.
- In lieu of a degree, candidate must have 4 years of applicable experience with HS diploma or GED.
- Candidate must have strong technical purchasing skills including expertise in evaluating, negotiating and executing material and labor purchases in accordance with the FAR and best commercial practices.
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates should have a working knowledge of FAR and DFAR.
- Candidate should be familiar with AS9100 procurement regulations.
- Candidate must be highly motivated.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, verbal, and writing skills are also desired.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.