Dynetics, a Leidos Company, is seeking a talented Capture Manager Strategic Systems to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
A successful candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals for strategic missile, air-breathing and glide body hypersonic pursuits. The candidate is expected to understand and adapt to Leidos identified proposal protocol, as well as understand Leidos products and services in order to lead capture efforts.
Duties may include:
- Support to the larger Leidos business development team.
- Execute opportunity shaping, position to win, and coordination with other Leidos business divisions..
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements, work closely with BD leads to identifying related needs and constraints that impact the winning solution.
- Develop value propositions through program strategies, supporting business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies and evolve the strategy throughout the capture lifecycle.
- Develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams, assess win probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis, etc. in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
Characteristics necessary for success include;
- business and technical vision;
- disciplined strategic thinking;
- analytical presentation and problem solving skills;
- the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships and communication with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Requires a BA degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense, Army, Navy, Air Force and DARPA hypersonics programs
- Experience with federal government budgets, investments and acquisition processes.
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environ ment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
Anticipated travel for this position is +/- 15%
Must have active Secret clearance
- Degree in the STEM, specifically in Physics or Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning captures within the defense community
- Experience transitioning R&D programs to operational end users
- A proven history and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
- Formal training in Shipley Capture Management
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.