Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Test Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the U.S. engaging in the intelligence, missiles, aviation, space, and cyber fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering and scientific solutions.
The selected individual will serve as test planner and engineer for fast-paced projects focused on design and test of a new systems. Primary responsibilities for the individual will be:
- Using system requirements to generate test plans for development, qualification, and acceptance phases of hardware projects;
- Developing schematics and test facility layouts, working with project engineers and test technicians to determine and support procurement of test equipment;
- Creating test plans and detailed step-by-step test procedures to satisfy requirements;
- Conducting tests according to approved procedures;
- Performing test data analysis; and
- Completing requirements verification and validation documentation and reports.
The individual will interface with department leadership and project engineers/managers, mechanical designers, analysts, component engineers, other test engineers, systems engineers, safety, and quality with Dynetics. The individual will support diverse projects in the Space Systems Division involving space technologies, subsystems, and systems.
- The position requires a B.S. or equivalent degree in engineering, preferably aerospace or mechanical, with at least two (2) years of test planning and execution experience.
- Candidates must have knowledge of and experience with defense, civil, and/or commercial space engineering practices and processes, including the product development cycle through qualification and production.
- Candidates must have experience developing and executing hardware test plans and procedures to meet rigorous requirements.
- Candidates must have direct, hands-on experience with hardware and/or subsystem testing, including:
- developing fluid systems and schematics
- operating pressurized systems
- working with data systems, instrumentation, and test data analysis
- capabilities with electrical and mechanical system troubleshooting
The position is based in Huntsville, AL, so candidates must live or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an ability to deliver results in a team environment and independently. The ideal candidate has strong organization and communication (verbal and written) skills and is self-motivated.
- The position will require work outside in all weather and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.