Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior Vulnerability Research Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Job responsibilities/focus areas include:
- Support vulnerability discovery for both commercial customers as well as DOD systems as part of the acquisition process
- Exploitation of systems and reverse engineering of binaries to understand potential vulnerabilities that will then be tested in both lab and field environments
- Reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis for software components of complex embedded systems
- Develop tools (reversing aids, device/protocol emulation tools, etc.) to assist in the reverse engineering process
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree.
- 10+ or more years of C/C++ development and/or reverse engineering experience required.
- Candidate must demonstrate programming ability in C and/or C++, Python, or other scripting language on Linux/POSIX platforms.
- Vulnerability research
- Exploit development
- Experience with software reverse engineering tools such as Ghidra or Ida Pro
- Emulation frameworks experience (qemu, unicorn, etc)
- Binary and file system forensic analysis
- Linux command line proficiency
- Knowledge of common hardware buses (e.g. UART, I2C, SPI, JTAG)
- Strong software debugging skills
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems (including RTOS)
Other Desired Skills
- Embedded systems hardware, software design/development
- Network application development/debugging
- Enterprise system development
- Experience in penetration testing, fuzzing, malware analysis.
- Experience in developing or reverse engineering mobile applications
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.