Dynetics, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position is responsible for properly receiving incoming inventory and timely staging and shipping outgoing orders while adhering to Company/Location safety procedures.
Candidate selected for this position will be responsible for:
- Manages the shipment of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Conducting monthly and annual inventories (e.g., 10% monthly/100% annual inventory).
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Receive all parts, while ensuring parts are in good condition and packing slips match the part and quantity received.
- Pack and ship orders to internal and external customers in the most efficient manner.
- Maintain shipping logs.
- Stock all parts after they have been received and documented.
- Operate forklift truck, when necessary.
- Cross-check inventory accuracy with system entries.
- Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs.
- Contact carrier and schedule shipping for each package.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies, as needed.
- Minimum 2-5 years of warehouse experience within the consistent areas of material handling, shipping, and receiving, distribution, and/or operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good understanding of basic/fundamental warehouse shipping and receiving procedures.
- Experience and skill in Systems Applications & Products in Data Processing (SAP) preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work independently.
- Ability to perform within a changing workload and/or priorities and meet order schedules with quality results.
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment, and willingness to motivate and support others.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills are preferred (i.e.: Microsoft Suite).
- Experience with contractor procedures for government property handling, tracking, inventory, and auditing is preferred.
- Able to work on a government site.
Candidate must be a US Citizen, and must be a resident of the Colorado Springs, CO area or be willing to relocate to the Colorado Springs, CO area.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $40,000- $90,000/yr; however, Dynetics considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
- Current Forklift license preferred.
- Experience with Deltek or other property management software is preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.