Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Radar Cross Section (RCS) analyst/model developer to join a diverse team to create unique RCS solutions for complex weapon and sensor systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking a engineer or scientist with requisite skills and interest to support RCS modeling and analysis for the Department of Defense and United States Intelligence Community. Experience with radio frequency (RF) static range measurements, RF defense radar systems, RCS predictions, computer aided design (CAD) models, and digital signal processing (DSP) are also desired. A strong technical background (engineering, math, or physics) and a strong background in programming (MatLab, Python, C/C++, or similar) are required.
The position will include collaboration within a team and customer environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidate must have good people skills, be an effective communicator, and have the desire to work with a highly technical team of engineers.
The minimum required skills for this role include:
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or higher from an ABET accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Candidate should be proficient in MatLab, Python, C/C++, or similar language/tool for analysis.
- The candidate should be knowledgable with one or more RCS prediction tools (Xpatch, SAF, SENTRi, etc.) and have some knowledge of standard RCS file formats (N-point, APSM, 3DSC, etc.).
- Candidate must be able to interact effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds including government and external industry personnel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Multiple experience levels are desired. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Though, the most preferred candidate will have one or more of the following attributes:
- Three (3) or more years experience in RCS modeling or analysis.
- A balanced mix of RCS modeling and analysis experience.
- Experience with CAD tools for developing RF signature models (SolidWorks, CREO, NX, ModelMan, Rhino, Cubit, etc.) and corresponding file formats.
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS.
- RCS model development and analysis using a high performance computing (HPC) system.
- Ambition towards continuous learning, innovation, and diverse work requirements.
- Candidates with an active Final Secret and/or Top Secret clearance.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.