Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Engineer to support the Cyber Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA) team in its efforts to design, develop, and optimize software for use in applications for CEMA contested environments. With offices across the Unites States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions. The Software Engineer will be expected to design, develop, and optimize software for use in applications for CEMA contested environments.
The candidate will help analyze customers’ systems and networks to assess cyber posture and determine strategies for improving cyber resiliency. The candidate will help implement software solutions to test and simulate potential malicious anomalies occurring on the system. The candidate will be involved in the full software development lifecycle to design, develop, test, and integrate software for use in applications for CEMA-contested environments.
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree.
- Minimum 5 years job experience with software engineering and should be prepared to demonstrate:
- Programming ability in C++, Python, or other scripting language.
- Practical Experience in Software Architecture
- Practical Experience in Software emulation
- Familiarity with Linux/POSIX platforms
- Familiarity with an iterative software design process, such as Agile and/or Continuous Delivery
- Deep understanding of the OSI Model and how OSI level 1-5 protocols operate in practice.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville/North Alabama area
- Candidate must be willing to travel Approx. 10% each year if necessary - Moderate travel to testing locations typically CONUS
- Experience with the following tools, concepts, and products is a plus:
- Linux operating system(s)
- Software Reverse Engineering
- Wireshark / Network Analysis
- Radar Systems
- VX Works
- Functional Programming languages
- Publish-subscribe Protocols such as DDS, ZeroMQ, or MQTT.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.