Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Mid-to-Senior Level DSP Firmware and Software Engineer to join a diverse team working in a fast-paced environment to develop hardware and software tools for the analysis of real-time data from Dynetics-produced RF collection systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' National Intelligence Department’s goals include understanding, exploiting, and analyzing foreign threats. The work for this position involves a broad range of hardware and software development tasks including signal processing algorithm development and implementation, FPGA programming, and hands-on expertise with a variety of specialized RF collection systems. The candidate will apply a combination of effective communication and collaboration skills with strong technical interests/capabilities to work with a highly technical and dynamic team of engineers and scientists to solve challenging problems in support of collecting and analyzing RF data.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science or an equivalent degree with 3+ years of applicable experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of directly applicable experience, but candidates with less experience may be considered if they have demonstrated understanding and experience with the key concepts and technologies included in this job description.
- Candidate must have:
- Experience with Python, C/C++, and MATLAB
- Experience with Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- A strong understanding of object-oriented software development concepts
- Understanding of and experience with digital signal processing techniques and/or radar concepts
- Demonstrated familiarity with state-of-the-art DSP hardware (SDRs, wideband digitizers, integrated SoC radios)
- Demonstrated familiarity with state-of-the-art DSP software algorithms and techniques (GPU-based DSP algorithms, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Willingness to actively and continuously assess new technologies and techniques
- Demonstrated attention to detail, critical thinking, and desire to work in a team environment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Familiarity or experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC / RFSoC Architecture
- Virtex UltraScale+ Architecture
- Zynq-7000 SoC Architecture
- Xilinx IP Integrator
- Linux Kernel Module Development
- Qt Application Framework
- FPGA Development
- Embedded Systems
- Machine Learning
- Algorithm Development and Testing
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.