Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical / Mechanical Technician to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Electrical / Mechanical Technician will be responsible for providing a variety of services to the company including (but not limited to):
- Building equipment for installations. This involves testing the radar equipment and building the system control modules.
- Traveling to the customer sites to participate in the acutal install of the radar system and equipment.
- Verifying customer POs and quotes so the customer gets the right equipment in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the testing of radars whether it's for a new order or a radar being returned under failure.
- Acutal refurbishing work on the radars that are returned to the lab.
- Will help with shipping and receiving of radars and equipment for both domestic and international locations
- Request quotes for ordering and/or help in finding new vendors for stocked items.
- Use of the CostPoint system to issue or transfer parts from inventory to project numbers.
- Submitting requests for receiving or returning radars/equipment to manufacturing.
- Must have 2+ years of relevant experience
- Needs to have a high apptitude for working with mechanical and electrical items.
- Some knowledge of IT networking/ethernet cabling required
- Needs to have an ability to work and relate with our customers.
- Needs to have a working of knowledge of how to use a computer.
- A basic knowledge of electicity and the ability to use a multi-meter.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
Position will involve travel. The amount of travel will be determined based on how busy we become as a company. We mostly travel at least 3-4 days a week.
Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
No security requirements.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.