In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team specialized in rapid prototyping and integration of complex radar and sensor systems.
- Design, document, and test electrical systems and subsystems to solve complex problems in a fast-paced rapid prototyping environment.
- Collaborate with project managers, team members, and customers to develop unique hardware solutions based off high-level requirements.
- Assist team members and customers with the initial deployment and troubleshooting of electrical systems by utilizing schematics/diagrams, test equipment, defining root causes of issues, and providing creative solutions to quickly resolve issues.
- Assist with all aspects of a rapid prototyping environment
- Interface with engineers across all disciplines
- Work with technicians and manufacturing to assist with first article build-up
- Assist with procurement, logistics, quality, and safety
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a STEM discipline from an ABET accredited school with 5+ years of direct applicable experience.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a strong understanding of electrical concepts
- Must be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment and work closely with a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be capable of supporting multiple projects and will be expected to adjust task priority when required
- Candidate will be expected to fully document hardware designs for quick-turn prototypes and transition prototypes into low-rate production.
-Must be able to create and revise documentation of electrical subsystems using various ECAD programs. Documentation includes block diagrams, schematics, BOMs, and test procedures.
- Must be capable of testing first article prototypes using electronics test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, phasemeters, and power supplies
- Must have a strong knowledge of various electrical power systems and how to create power budgets
- Must have a strong network and communications background using both RF and optical links
- Must have strong organizational skills and will be expected to document designs, assist with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and support production and test
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a history of providing creative, multi-disciplinary solutions to complex problems.
- Software programming/coding skills are preferred
- Familiar with CAD packages such as SolidWorks, SolidWorks Electrical, Mentor Graphics, and Visio
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.