Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer to join our Dayton, Ohio office. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The employee in this role will lead and perform software development tasks for our team that is focused on the modeling, simulation, and related tool development supporting the analysis of aerospace weapons, sensors, and related C4ISR entities. The employee will work with a diverse team of developers and engineers to develop solutions to complex technical problems while supporting the Scientific and Technical Intelligence community (NASIC, MSIC, NGIC, ONI) and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Sensors Directorate. This challenging position requires a diverse set of technical and task management skills and allows for the opportunity to contribute immediately to important, meaningful work.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited school in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Candidate must have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Candidate must have strong written communication skills, possess good people skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail and have the desire to work on a highly focused technical team of engineers, analysts, and scientists.
Candidate must be a resident of the Dayton, OH area or be willing to relocate to the Dayton, OH area.
- The following qualifications are NOT required, but are considered a plus:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Experience with web-based development, C++, Qt, Python, MATLAB, Jira, agile development, Jenkins, MySQL, and/or Elasticsearch.
- Experience with TMAP, ITASE, and/or AFSIM models and architectures.
- Familiarity with radar, aircraft, missile, and/or space systems.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.