Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Aerospace Engineer to focused on the application of state-of-the-art Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) codes and methodologies to real-world missile, aircraft, and launch vehicle flowfield physics, including multi-species flow and multi-body problems. The Aerospace Engineer will join a diverse team responsible for the development of a next-generation air defense system. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
To be considered for this position, a candidates must be:
- Familiar with the application of theoretical, semi-empirical, & CFD tools to aerospace problems involving both analysis and design
- Able to perform applied aerodynamic analyses using computational results
- Candidate must have a BS Aerospace Engineering degree.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
A MS Aerospace Engineering degree and relevant aerospace engineering experience is desired.
The following skill sets are also desired and will strengthen a candidate's potential for selection:
- Experience in applying state-of-the-art CFD tools such as OVERFLOW, USM3D, FUN3D, DPLR, Kestrel, and Helios to simulate missile and aircraft flowfields (internal/external)
- Efficient programming in Fortran, C++, Python using UNIX/Linux OS
- Familiarity with grid generation software
- Experience planning and conducting wind tunnel tests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in chemically reacting flows, turbulence modeling, Chimera-Overset gridding, aerothermal modeling, aeroacoustics, blast-wave propagation, computer cluster administrative tasks, and parallel programing
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.