Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Design Engineer with a focus on FPGA development to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be an experienced FPGA firmware design engineer with varied technical interests and demonstrated engineering skills. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The engineer will work closely with electronics integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Develop architectures from system requirements for FPGA implementation
- Implement complex algorithms targeting FPGAs
- Use VHDL for synthesizable logic design requiring HDL description
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to develop team members
- Provide design inputs to board designers during development of custom hardware utilizing FPGAs
- Actively participate in development and improvement of organizational practices for FPGA firmware development
- Provide up to system-level input to program leadership during the planning and execution of engineering projects
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidate must have 3+ years experience in FPGA firmware development from architecture through implementation, simulation, and hardware testing
- Candidate must have proven experience with hardware description languages such as VHDL or Verilog
- Candidate must have experience with common communication protocols such as: UART, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, CAN bus, etc.
- Candidate must have hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods for proving out FPGA development on hardware
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
- Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.5 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates with 15+ years experience in FPGA firmware development from architecture through implementation, simulation, and hardware testing
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Utilizing modern Xilinx FPGA and SoC families, design tools, and common internal interfaces (Xilinx IP Cores, AXI4, AXI-Stream)
- Developing FPGA logic using VHDL
- Implementing high speed interfaces (PCIe, Aurora, 100GbE, JESD204B)
- Interfacing with high speed ADCs and DACs
- MIL-STD-1553 data busses
- Developing secure, safety and mission critical designs
- Experience / expertise in the following areas:
- Datalinks / Modem development
- Radar applications
- Space applications
- Control applications
- General DSP applications
- Additional embedded system experience (examples: SoC, ARM, PIC, RTOS)
- Electronics and PCBA design
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.