Dynetics, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented User Interface Software Engineer to join our team and help create unique solutions for complex problems. Dynetics provides responsive and cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions to defense, space, cyber and commercial customers from offices across the United States.
For this position, we are seeking candidates ready to build the next generation cyber solution that provides world class protection against cyber threats in the most easily understood user interface. In this role, you will own design and development of a cyber dashboard based on the Wazuh open-source platform, which includes components of the Elastic Stack. In addition to building GUI components, you will work closely with customers to determine requirements, demonstrate functionality, and evolve the design over time. We are looking for a person who is self-motivated, works independently, and not afraid to ask questions.
What You Will Work On:
- Developing amazing UI experiences that convey cyber threats in a meaningful way to our customers.
- Providing input into design and architecture decisions within our cyber solution based on goals and functionality needed.
- Defining and tracking the team’s performance metrics and presenting regularly to company leadership.
- Refining the product road map and setting priorities for the team.
- Helping to develop and implement engineering best practices that help the team move quicker and more efficiently.
- Expanding the team through hiring fellow engineers with the same passion for producing a next generation product.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Some experience with building web-based applications in Kibana or similar technologies.
- Some experience with Elastic Stack components and setup.
- A great attitude toward work and the ability to handle pivots based on customer feedback.
- Ability to evaluate objectively design decisions and move forward with best decisions based on current knowledge.
- Previous experience working with open-source projects to build desired products.
- Think Bash scripts are fun? You will get some practice in this area.
- Familiarity with intrusion detection systems ( IDS ) such as Suricata, Snort, or similar.
- Providing contributions to open-source projects and online forums.
- Using DevOps tools such as Git, Jira, Confluence, or Jenkins.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.