Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Flight Dynamics Analyst to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Flight Dynamics Analyst will support modeling and simulation development of various phases of the Dynetics led Human Lander System, Hypersonic Vehicles, Satellites, and other Space Vehicles. This analyst will perform detailed analysis of flexible and rigid body simulations, separation dynamics, orbit dynamics, trajectory analysis, vehicle sizing, and optimization studies across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of direct experience as detailed above.
- Candidate must have a well-founded understanding of orbit mechanics, trajectory simulation, optimization methodology, statistics, mass properties, and conceptual design.
- Candidate must demonstrated experience in modeling and simulation of aerospace vehicles (3DOF, 6DOF, Monte Carlo, etc.)
- Candidate must have knowledge of one or more scientific or engineering programming languages such as MatLAB, Octave, Simulink, Python, FORTRAN, C, C++, and/or Java.
- The position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preferred candidates will also have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- Aerospace simulation tools such as OTIS, POST, TAOS, Copernicus, GMAT, or Systems Tool Kit
- Demonstrate an understanding of multi-body dynamics simulations tools such as TREETOPS, ADAMS, or DSENDS
- Have a passion for KSP
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.