Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will support Dynetics’ development of space hardware for Space Systems Division projects. Candidate will perform mechanical design of systems and components for government and commercial customers using 3D CAD software. Candidate will be responsible for applying sound mechanical engineering & design principles in the development of machined, structural, fabricated, and occasionally sheet metal components. Candidate will be responsible for Bill of Material development and component specification for mechanical assemblies as well as applying engineering design processes, such as design for manufacturing, drawing production, & PDM/PLM/configuration management, to the integration and development of mechanical systems.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least Ten (10) years of demonstrated mechanical design experience (post degree) using a parametric 3D computer aided design (CAD) software package for a NASA or aerospace application.
- Candidate must have experience drafting and reviewing mechanical drawings to ASME Y14 standards.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- Space flight hardware or flight servicing/transportation hardware
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Experience designing mechanisms
- Experience designing electro-mechanical systems
- Finite Element Modeling software packages
- CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, or Creo MCAD software packages
- Product Data Management (PDM) systems
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Certifications for MCAD Systems
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.