Dynetics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Materials Characterization Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
As an integral member of the Advanced Materials Product Group, the successful candidate will work closely with a highly technical, multidisciplinary team to characterize advanced materials ranging across metals, ceramics, composites, and polymers.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing material characterization, metallography/materialography, documenting analysis results, and developing processes and procedures to increase Dynetics’ materials test capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Metallurgy, Materials Science/Engineering, or a related field is required.
- At least 3 years of experience directly performing metallography/materialography and developing related techniques and procedures.
- Experience working with etchants and other chemicals.
- Experience with microscopy (optical and SEM), elemental analysis (SEM/EDS), hardness testing, mechanical testing (tension/compression/bending), density determination, and other materials characterization methods.
- Technical knowledge in manufacturing processes and applications of aerospace and high-temperature materials.
- Candidates must be willing to take ownership, enjoy solving challenging problems, have the ability to overcome technical barriers, and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
Preference will be shown to candidates that possess the following:
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience assembling and providing technical briefings and clear guidance to non-technical audiences
- A strong work ethic and be a positive team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.