Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Test Engineer to join a diverse team in its Hypersonics line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware products. The selected candidate will support the Common Hypersonic Glide Body program (C-HGB). The C-HGB is a weapon system that uses a booster rocket motor to accelerate to well-above hypersonic speeds and then jettisons the expended rocket booster. The C-HGB is the next major strategic weapons capability for long-range precision fires and will counter and gain a lead on our adversaries' technological advances in this field.
The selected candidate will serve as an Electrical Test Engineer with duties that support and lead the production of both hardware and software, test equipment, of Hypersonic Glide Bodies. Specific duties may encompass analog/digital circuit support, working with software running on a real-time operating system, utilizing LabVIEW on test equipment and/or supporting design for hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) equipment. Work will be conducted in an integration/production facility along with a laboratory environment.
The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution
- Candidate must have 4+ years experience in electronics design including digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, components, and interface/communication standards
- Candidate must have proven experience in electrical schematic design and cable diagrams
- Candidate must have proven experience in design, building, proving, and documenting prototype designs
- Candidate must have experience finalizing designs from prototype to production ready builds.
- Candidate must have experience manufacturing and verifying engineering designs with technician support.
- Candidate must have experience in maintaining engineering designs deployed in a production environment.
- Candidate must have experience with ECAD toolchains such as Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Altium, OrCAD, or similar
- Candidate must have hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
- Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates who :
- Possess 8+ years experience in electronics design and manufacturing environment
- Have demonstrated experience with LabVIEW
- Have advanced experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation.
- Possess computer skills associated with electromechanical assembly tasks, including proficiency in using corporate production control processes, and in creating documents and spreadsheets for manufacturing information, such as work instructions, parts lists, inventory reports, etc.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.