In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented problem-solver to serve as Experienced Thermo-structural Analyst to support a variety of programs including the continued development of a Thermal Protection System as part of the Nation’s leading Hypersonic Production Program conducted within Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
As an integral member of the Advanced Materials Group, the successful candidate will serve as an Experienced Thermo-structural Analyst with responsibility for leading project related stress analysis and training junior staff in the area of thermo-structural analysis. This position will balance multiple activities including but not limited to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for structural analysis
- Evaluate structural integrity of project related materials and structures using finite element methods
- Apply subject matter expertise to aid in process improvement assessments, repair or use-as-is determinations, and to evaluate the impact of materials performance on program goals and objectives.
- Use data from the technical data package, hardware qualification and acceptance tests, and other materials, thermal, and environmental tests to support analysis activities and makes significant contributions to related test planning.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution with 8+ years or Master Degree with 6+ years applicable experience
- Experience executing thermo-structural analysis supporting design, production, and integration for systems that experience both static and transient load cases
Candidates with the following additional qualifications will be shown preference:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution with 12+ years or Master Degree with 10+ years applicable experience
- Experience executing thermo-structural analysis supporting design/production/integration for high-speed flight systems, including hypersonic vehicles or reentry systems.
- Demonstrated (5+ years) of full-vehicle and subsystem finite element analysis using ABAQUS, or equivalent software, to include advanced non-linear solutions
- Demonstrated ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Substantial experience with ABAQUS, ATAC, and/or COMSOL will be given additional consideration
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.