Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Element Integration Lead to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics has been selected by NASA to participate in the development and demonstration of a Human Landing System (HLS). Dynetics is seeking a talented Element Integration Lead to join a diverse, highly skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems involving space systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective intelligence, engineering, and scientific solutions.
The Element Integration Lead will support the Dynetics Space Systems Division with development of HLS with primary responsibility to lead a team of engineers to design, analyze, integrate, and test a major hardware element of the HLS. A single element has structures; propulsion; thermal control; vehicle management; guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C); electrical power; and communications subsystems.
The selected individual will lead a small team of engineers to complete fast-paced tasks focused on successful integration of the element. The individual will work across Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to ensure the element meets mass, power, size, and overall performance requirements. The individual will interface with department leadership and project managers; mechanical designers; and component, test, safety, and quality engineers across the HLS team.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent technical degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years of space vehicle design experience and at least ten (10) years of engineering leadership experience with NASA, Department of Defense (DoD), or commercial launch or space vehicle development programs.
- Candidate must have experience designing, constructing, or integrating space vehicle systems within budget and tight schedule constraints.
- Candidate must have expertise in at least one of the following technical disciplines:
- Thermal control
- Assembly and Integration
- Candidate must be able to write clear, concise and comprehensive technical reports and to present results to a multi-disciplinary team and customer stakeholders.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment both verbally and in writing.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to deliver results in a team environment and independently.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Human spaceflight vehicle development, assembly, integration, and test.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.